« Home | Going around the wicketWe often use the word ‘trad... » | Square Cuthonestly the point of writing blogs for ... » | Well this is my first blog so don’t think I would ... » 

Sunday, April 30, 2006 

Tail enders

Having had a great sporting stint over the last 5 years in college I have come to dissect attitudes and mannerisms of all sports men that I have seen on TV or come across in personal life. I study each and every individual and try to learn from him no matter how inconsequential a player he (or in fact she) might be. It is also reflected in the fact that as a fast bowler I never had an original action of myself. I started watching TV at an early age and copied all the bowlers on show, my fav actions that I kept for a longer time than others were, heath streak, allan Donald and the current one which I have for the last 4 years that of Glenn Mcgrath. Anyways as I was saying I came across lot of people and I noted the trivial attributes that every individual carries as a sportsman.
On the basis of this I have generally divided all sportsmen (mostly men because I only know one sports woman :P) into 2 categories. No. 10 and No.11. Now what is the distinct difference of these two categories. Basically its two categories of guys who would wear a no.10 on their back or no.11, generally by a guys sporting ability and attitude I can tell if he’s a no.10 kind of a guy or no.11. I’ll tell you how it works. A no.10 is one who really hates losing, these are generally footballers or football fans. The most important thing about these guys is that they are fighters, they are go-getters and arrogant with a varying degree obviously. A no.10 kind of guy will never take any crap, and give it back always. A no. 11 on the other hand is gentle, much more focused and not easily agitated. These guys harp on their composure rather than skill. Most no.11 are not gifted unlike the no.10’s, they are hard working group but they are not fighters. They don’t have the killer instinct. I am by the way a typical no. 11.
If I am not wrong the no.10 has been popularized by first pele and then maradona, the greatest exponents of football. i am not too sure of any famos footballers who wore 11, maybe roberto carlos or rivaldio had it i dont know. in cricket there is mcgrath, flintoff and now kaif for india, probably these people are good examples of my point earlier. a lot of people tried to get away from thse 2 nos., like ronaldo for 9 beckham for 7, and sachin for 99, but these nos. could never be so famos. there is something about these numbers that make them tick.
some time back i had to do a daring job and i was hell scared to do it, and i was thinking of it on the 9th of that month, so i thot maybe i shud do it on the 11th , 11 being my lucky thing and all, but something told me that if you want to do it its now (read:zubin:P) and i did it on 10th just symbolising in a sense that the no.10 is a go-getter, no.11's will always keep waiting for another day, they play with apteince and integrity, while the no.10 just does it and stays positive....

so whats your number????

Why have you written about football???? You hardly know anything...
Tarun
P.S. ur blog didnt allow anonymous comments so dont take anything against dipu ..

hi anonymou...yaar why are you offended if i write about football...and i have written that i dont know about football in the blog as well. par yaar itna to har ek ko pata hai ki no.10 kiska hai aur no.9 kiska.
abe dipu saale you shud keep these girls away from your blog account hehe...

i don't know about 11, but 10 for 'go-getters' is also kinda late:P

hehe..that was a funny one indeed. The comment from RT that is. Almost fell from laughter..lol...And I was a No.10 guy I hope, and I tended to do things a bit faster than they should be done. :D. And now I tyhink I have become a No.11 and am regretting it. After all, No. 11 guys are such losers. :))
And thanks for finally acknowledging my role, even though it was confined to score the boundary off the last ball. :P. And this one was one of your better posts.

hey zubin...yeah you are a 10. well you said this is one of my better posts, so since i have written only 4 i guess the rest were not so good all. anyways, will get better with time, hopefully

I didnt mean that. What I meant was that the post seemed closer to me than your earlier posts. Your earlier posts talked of something which were probably close to you, but not much to me. I called this post "better" because I could identify with it better. You dont have to read between the lines!!

Post a Comment

ASHES is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health