« Home | Writing on the wall... » | Strategy Break » | Tour Diary #4 » | Top Spinner » | Tour Diary #3 » | Past Records! » | Tour Diary #2 » | Follow On » | Review » | Slow Death » 

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 

Pitch Report

With only a few days to go to Lucknow, I am trying to soak in all there is in this lovely place called Delhi, and there is a lot. For the best part of the last 25 years I have lived in this place and it is quite the home for me. It is a little sad to leave this place, but I know as I wander around to other places I will come back to Delhi with more love and affection for this place.

On the other side, in Lucknow, my batch is apparently the 25th batch at IIM L. Apart from being the silver jubilee batch there are some changes to the course which are really worth celebrating. I talked about a relaxed attendance rule before I think. Now we hear that the classes will only be 5 days a week, instead of 6 earlier. I am not all excited and elated, because for now it’s just plain relief of getting a break from a dead-end job.

The kind of farewell I got from colleagues and the nice time I have always had with friends in Gurgaon made my exit from this place very smooth. The three years in this place have been an experience worth living. I wouldn’t really say that if I had to live my life all over again I would still come to Gurgaon. But keeping in mind the fact that you can’t have everything in life, Gurgaon was a good place to be.

Living in the heart of UP will be another experience. The meteoric shift from the land of tu-tadak to the land of pehle-aap, will be quite a culture shock (wah waah!). But not so much because UP is like a second home for me. I was born here, so I know the place and idiosyncrasies inside out. But Lucknow could be a little different from Jhansi and Ghaziabad. I have only heard of the nawabi ways of this place, it will be interesting to actually live through them. Of course that will depend on how much my program allows me to exchange with the outside world. From what I have heard about it chances are slim. But then again its me.

So all in all looks like we’ll have decent game. If I spend a little time in the middle I am sure things will become easy.

Labels:

as a bengali who was raised in bihar , then went on to delhi for his college and then to blore for his first job... i dont really have what u call 'roots'. and thus, i wont be able to ever truly say that i know a place inside out... except perhaps bokaro.. but thats also because rather than having its idiosyncrasies, it was a mixed bag much like what i have become (or think i have).
as u are about to start a new innings (a new series actually ?) i'll eagerly look forward to how u gel b school stuff with u ever present panache for cricketing analogies..
cheers!

Post a Comment

ASHES is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health