« Home | Strategy Break » | Tour Diary #4 » | Top Spinner » | Tour Diary #3 » | Past Records! » | Tour Diary #2 » | Follow On » | Review » | Slow Death » | What a Six! » 

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 

Writing on the wall...

No I am not going to talk about Dravid. This is just about how I feel right now generally, not in a bad way but a good way. It is very rare that India plays a crucial match and gets into a very strong winning position, from where the victory becomes just a formality. Although this has happened a few times lately with the new captain, but for the time I have seen cricket it is rare. I feel a similar emotion, where I am just waiting for the fat lady to sing so that I can collect the stump as a memory of the victory.

I remember transitioning from college to professional life. I was very much into blogging at that time and I wrote how I felt there was an impending declaration. My final year was just stretching too long and I just wanted to get out of it quickly. I was hoping for some sort of mutual agreement that captains have for calling of play one hour before scheduled close of play on the final day, if they saw no result coming. The feeling right now is a bit different. Positive.

This time I know pretty much what to expect in this phase and have some ideas of my own on how I plan to go about things. Which is why it’s not just about getting out of ‘jail’, but it’s also about starting a new ‘innings’. When I came to IIT I made a tacit promise to myself that I will have a good time and spend most parts of the day on the field. When I joined my job, I thought of working really hard and giving it everything to any assignment I get my hands on. Three years on, I am thinking of which way to go, and considering the kind of course I am pursuing, it’s safe to say that I will be some where in between the first two ideas. Cheers!

Labels:

can totally identify with the 'positive' feeling. never had that while quitting college and joining my first job. and yes, more than ever, i know now how i want to spend the next 2 years of my life.
welcome back :)

hey dude...you are the biggest, perhaps the only reader of my blog...so your support is really required

the plan of action sounds cool, and implementable

Post a Comment

ASHES is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health